What to Know About the New Bear, Hunting Dogs, Bear Hunters Initiative
At its October Council meeting, Commissioners passed three new and two revised ordinances to help alleviate some of the bear hunting issues the Town and residents faced last year. A Town Forum was held on October 17 to review the ordinances and other measures taken to protect residents and guests. CLICK HERE to view a recording of the Forum.
A number of resources are available and downloadable, including:
- A summary of the new and revised ordinances CLICK HERE
- Other measures taken in addition to the ordinances CLICK HERE
- Resident Rights and Responsibilities CLICK HERE
- What to Do in case of a hunting dog or bear hunter issue CLICK HERE
Bear hunting season began October 17 and ends November 19, then resumes December 12- January 2, 2023. Please be careful walking and hiking during this period.
Don’t Miss Bulk Pickup This Tuesday, October 25
Remember to place your bulk Items/white goods curbside for pick up this Tuesday, October 25. For more information about items for bulk pick up, CLICK HERE. Take advantage of this free service (except mattresses and box springs- $5 each) offered by the Town.
Updates and Reminders
- The Montreat Tree Board will meet on Tuesday, October 25th, at 9:30am in the Town Hall. The meeting will be live streamed and recorded. CLICK HERE for streaming information.
- The Board of Adjustment will meet on Thursday, October 27th, at 5:00pm in the Town Hall Community Room. The meeting will be live streamed and recorded. CLICK HERE for details of the agenda and streaming instructions.
- Don’t forget: if you have too much trash for your bear proof trash cans or you’re leaving town before normal trash pick up, the Town’s trash and recycle dumpsters are available 24/7. They are located behind the Town Hall, across the Flat Creek bridge. Security is insured, as there are surveillance cameras in place.
- Know someone who doesn’t receive the Montreat Minute? Tell them to email [email protected] and ask to be put on the Sunshine/Montreat Minute list.
Do you have Town-related questions you would like answered? If so, please send them to Angela Murphy at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a great weekend!