Mayor’s Meeting Summary of Last Night’s Town Council Meeting
Hello fellow Montreaters,
Our Council meeting, hopefully for one of the last times, was virtual with the Council and staff in the Town Hall but citizens having to participate on Zoom. If you missed it, we recorded it and posted it to our FaceBook page. CLICK HERE to watch the recording.
Here’s a summary of tonight’s meeting:
I called the meeting to order with all Commissionersexcept Commissioner Fouche present. We approved the minutes of the February meeting with no changes.
CLICK HERE for the rest of the summary.
Town Council Second Planning Retreat on Wednesday, March 17
The Town Council will hold its second planning retreat session on Wednesday, March 17, at 1:00pm. Two items are on the agenda:
- Review and discussion of the results from the Community Assessment Survey conducted last year, in preparation for beginning work on the Montreat Comprehensive Plan Update.
- Joint discussion with the Planning and Zoning Commission regarding the Commission’s recent review of zoning ordinance changes they are recommending. No action will be taken at this meeting, as there is a prescribed process by which official action must be taken in the future.
For instructions on how to stream the meeting, CLICK HERE. For a copy of the agenda, including summary results of the survey and the proposed zoning ordinance changes, CLICK HERE. If you would like a complete, unabridged copy of the survey results (all 93 pages!), CLICK HERE.
Position Opening for Sanitation Worker
After 14 years of dedicated service in the Town’s Sanitation Department, Bill Creasman will be retiring in May. We are grateful for Bill and how he has served our residents so faithfully.
Therefore, we are in the search process for someone to take Bill’s responsibilities for this important position. Pass on this information to someone you think might serve the Town well. Here’s the link to details about the job: CLICK HERE.
Updates and Reminders
- The Planning and Zoning Commission met yesterday, March 11, for its regular meeting. CLICK HERE to watch/listen to the meeting recording. They will meet again on Thursday, April 8, at 10:30am via Zoom. Watch this space and the website for streaming information.
- The Montreat Tree Board will meet on Tuesday, March 23, at 9:30am via Zoom. Watch this space and the website for streaming information.
- The Montreat Landcare Committee will meet on Wednesday, April 7 at 9:00am via Zoom. Watch this space and the website for streaming information.
Do you have Town-related questions you would like answered? If so, please send them to Angela Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay well and have a great weekend.