Mayor’s Town Council Meeting Summary
We had approximately 20 people at last night’s meeting in addition to Commissioners and staff members. We’re thankful for their participation. Here’s a summary of the meeting highlights. As usual, a full summary is in the official meeting minutes in next month’s agenda packet.
- Public Forum questions/comments included:
- Sally Stansil spoke about the high levels of traffic noise on Assembly drive. It has become quite a nuisance at all times of day. She appealed to the Commission to do something to slow down speeders and try to abate noise levels from trucks and other vehicles.
CLICK HERE to read more…
Did you Miss the Town Council Meeting?
If you missed the meeting and want more than what’s in the Mayor’s Summary, check out the Town of Montreat Facebook page (CLICK HERE) and scroll down to videos. Video of the entire meeting will be posted soon.
Want to be Bearwise?
Bears are very active at this time of year as they prepare for their winter “sleep”. Come learn how to co-exist safely with our black bear population at a “bearwise” presentation sponsored by the Montreat Landcare Committee and the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. The presentation will be held on Tuesday, October 22 at 5:00 in Upper Anderson. Among the topics to be discussed is which trails should be avoided during bear hunting season, which begins next week.
We Need Your Opinion
We’ve been publishing the Montreat Minute for a year now, and we would like your opinion about it– what you like/dislike, suggestions for improvement and general comments. Please take three minutes (honestly, that’s all it will take!) to complete the Montreat Minute readership survey. CLICK HERE to take the survey. And thanks to those of you who have already completed the survey. Your input is extremely valuable.
Reminder about Bulk Items/White Goods Pick Up
Start planning for the second and final bulk pick up of the year on Tuesday, October 29. For more information about items for bulk pick up, CLICK HERE. Take advantage of this free service (except mattresses and box springs- $5 each!) offered by the Town.
- Audit Committee; Friday, October 18, at 11:00am in the Town Services Building
- Montreat Tree Board; Tuesday, October 22, at 9:30am in the Town Services Building
- Planning and Zoning Committee; October 31, at 10:30, location TBD
Have a question?
Do you have a question or topic you would like addressed in the Montreat Minute? If so, please email Angie Murphy at [email protected] with the subject line “Montreat Minute”. We’ll do our best to research and answer your questions.
Have a great weekend!