The Town of Montreat’s Design- Build RFQ 2019-0014 closes 3/29/19. The project is a metal shell building for the Public Works Depart. Details are below.
RFQ 2019-004 Design-Build Services for Public Works Shell Building Project
Submittal Instructions and Requirements
Pursuant to N.C.G.S. Section 143-128.1(A), the Town of Montreat, NC is seeking statements of qualifications from qualified and licensed design-build teams interested in providing design and construction services for a pre-engineered shell building. The shell building will be located within Montreat, near the Town Services Building located at 96 Rainbow Terrace. The shell building will be approximately 50 by 100’, pre-engineered metal structure with 4 bay doors and a concrete floor.
The intent of this RFQ is to select a Design-build team, by Qualifications-Based Selection (QBS), to provide design and construction services for the Town of Montreat Public Works Shell Building project.
Sealed submittals will be received in the Town Services Building of the Town of Montreat until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 29, 2019.
Any submittal received after the specified time and date will NOT be accepted or considered. All submittals shall be sealed and marked as follows: “Design-Build Services for the Town of Montreat: Public Works Building” and delivered to:
Alex Carmichael, Town Administrator
Town of Montreat
96 Rainbow Terrace
Black Mountain, NC 28711
The Town of Montreat, North Carolina requests qualifications from qualified firms to provide design-build services, including complete drawings, plans, cost estimates, environmental and utility permitting, and construction for a new Public Works Shell building. The building will be an economical, pre-engineered, insulated metal building, approximately 50’ X 100’ in size, with heat, stormwater features, 4 bay vehicular doors 10’ wide and 14’ tall, and a concrete floor with drains. The project will include designs for electrical and plumbing.
The project will be a turnkey project to include, but not limited to, all permits, surveys, design, construction, and construction administration. Though initial site preparation has been completed through force account work, final site preparation is under the scope of this RFQ.
The anticipated budget for this project is $260,000.
The selected firm must take into account the Town’s space and budgetary needs.
Statements of Qualification should clearly and concisely address the following:
- Firm name and location of office where work will be performed
- Brief overview and history of the firm
- List of licensed contractors, licensed subcontractors, and licensed design professionals whom the Design-Build Team proposes to use for the project’s design and construction. The selected firm must certify that each licensed designer and subconsultant who is a member of the design-build team was selected based on demonstrated competence and qualifications under the qualifications-based selection process of the Mini-Brooks Act (G.S. 143-64.31). (Statutory Requirement)
- Demonstrated firm experience in local government public works buildings or similar maintenance buildings, including experience in engineering planning, design, and construction of new buildings for sites in comparable areas for organizations with a similar size.
- Resumes of the project designer, builder, and key personnel who will be involved with this project; their qualifications and experiences as related to the scope of work detailed above as well as their anticipated assignments related to this project. Specific information on their background, training, and experience with similar projects should be included.
- Other work commitments of the project designer, builder, and other specified key personnel during this project time frame.
- Provide a list of client references for related local governmental or similar work done within the past five (5) years. Include name, address, telephone number, and contact person most involved with the project and person with your firm that participated in the designbuild project.
- Documented evidence of professional, general liability errors and omissions policies and coverages
- Document any history of litigation associated with project performance and/or professional liability. Litigation includes pre-suit dispute resolution and all matters settled out of court.
- An hourly rate schedule for each employee proposed for this project.
Please limit the submission to 20 pages or less on 8 ½ inch paper, which may be printed on front and back. Seven (7) copies and a digital PDF copy of the statement of qualifications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 29, 2019. No statement of qualifications will be accepted after this time. All submittals shall be sealed and marked as follows: “Design-Build Services for Town of Montreat: Public Works Building” and delivered to:
Alex Carmichael, Town Administrator
Town of Montreat
96 Rainbow Terrace
Black Mountain, NC 28711
- March 4, 2019 – Request for Qualifications Issued
- March 18, 2019 – Pre-submittal meeting, 10:00 AM, Town Services Building, 96 Rainbow Terrace, Black Mountain, NC 28787 (optional)
- March 29, 2019 – Design-Build RFQ due to the Town of Montreat by 5:00 PM
- April 1, 2019 – Public meeting with staff and/or Town Commissioners to open sealed responses to the Request for Qualifications. After staff and/or Board of Commissioner’s review, top firms are selected for further review and presentations
- April 11, 2019 – Town Board of Commissioners approves final design-build firm for the Public Works Building project and directs staff to enter into contract negotiations.
Note: Additional requests for meeting and presentations may occur between the April meeting dates per request of the Board of Commissioners.
Evaluation and Selection Procedure
Selection of the design-build firm will be determined by the Town Board of Commissioners with assistance from Town staff. Selection will be based solely on the best overall statement of qualifications that is in the best interest of the Town. The Town will enter into contract negotiations with this firm, and if negotiations fail, the Town will terminate negotiations and enter into negotiations with the next best qualified firm.
The Town is not responsible or liable for any costs incurred by the firm associated with the preparation of the submittal.
Economy of Preparation
Submittals should provide a straight forward, concise description of the firm’s ability to meeting the requirements of the submittal. Emphasis should be on completeness and clarity of content. Submittals should limit themselves to twenty (20) pages or less and may be printed on both front and back sides. Seven (7) copies of the submittal and one electronic copy in PDF format shall be provided.
Acceptance of Submittal Content
The contents of the submittal of the successful firm may become part of the contractual obligations, if a contract ensues. Failure of a successful proposer to accept these obligations may result in the Town entering into a contract with another firm.
Questions regarding this submittal or the project should be submitted electronically via email to Alex Carmichael at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject line you are requesting information on the “Town of Montreat Design-Build RFQ: Public Works Building”. Deadline for questions is Thursday, March 15, 2019 at 5:00 PM. Any changes in the submittal may posted to the Town’s website. Verbal information otherwise obtained will not be considered in the awarding of the submittal.
Commitment to Award
This solicitation does not commit the Town to award a contract, to pay costs incurred in the preparation of the submittal, or to procure or contract for the services listed herein. The Town reserves the right to reject any or all submittals received.
This Request for Qualifications is not to be construed as a contract or as a commitment of any kind. If this Request results in a contract offer by the Town, the specific scope of work, associated fees, and other contractual matters will be determined during contract negotiations.
All information contained in the submittal may be a public record open to inspection and copying by the public under State and Federal law.
Design-build services work to begin immediately after execution of a contract with the Town.
Professional Liability Insurance
The successful proposer, upon award of contract, shall provide certificates of insurance of all appropriate liability insurance(s), written by an insurer authorized to transact insurance in the State of North Carolina.
The selected design-builder must provide bonds under Article 3 of Chapter 44A, which requires performance and payment bonds for 100% of the contract amount for each contract more than $50,000 on projects costing over $300,000.
Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE)
It is the policy of the Town of Montreat that Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs), as defined in N.C.G.S. 143-128.2, and other small businesses shall have the maximum feasible opportunity to participate in contracts financed in whole or in part with public funds. Consistent with this policy, the Town of Montreat will not allow any person or business to be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be discriminated against in connection with the award and performance of any contract because of sex, race, religion, or national origin.
Town of Montreat has established a Non-Discrimination & Minority Participation program in accordance with regulations of N.C.G.S. 143-128.2. In this regard, the contractor will take all necessary and reasonable steps in accordance with N.C.G.S. 143-128.2 to ensure that MWBEs have the maximum opportunity to compete for and perform the contract.
E-Verify Employer Compliance
Contractors and their subcontractors with twenty-five (25) or more employees as defined in Article 2 of Chapter 65 of the NC General Statutes must comply with E-verify requirements to contact with governmental units. E-Verify is a Federal program operated by the United States Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies, or any successor or equivalent program used to verify the work authorization of newly hired employees pursuant to federal law. Please understand that Contractors, as defined above, must use E-Verify. Therefore, all contractors must be in compliance with the E-Verify requirements to enter into contracts with the Town of Montreat. An E-Verify certification form is included in the vendor application packet and must be submitted for the submittal to be considered.
Iran Divestment Act Compliance
Pursuant to N.C.G.S. 147-86.59, any person identified as engaging in investment activities in Iran, determined by appearing on the Final Divestment List created by the State Treasurer pursuant to G.S. 147-86.58, is ineligible to contract with the State of North Carolina or any political subdivision of the State. A certification form related to the Iran Divestment Act is included in the vendor application packet and must be submitted for the submittal to be considered.
Points of Contact
All questions concerning this project should be directed to Alex Carmichael, Town Administrator. Mr. Carmichael can be reached at (828) 669-8002 or via email at email@example.com. No firm shall contact any member of the Town of Montreat Board of Commissioners during the selection process regarding this Request. Such contact may be a basis for disqualification.
Attached to this Request for Qualifications is a Buncombe County GIS aerial map showing the location of the site for the Public Works Shell Building.
Attached to this Request for Qualifications is a Site Survey prepared by High Country Surveyors.
CLICK HERE to download a PDF version of this Request for Qualifications.
Sign Up for Updates on Construction Bids HereIT Service BidsFinance Service BidsProfessional Service BidsPurchase BidsSurplus Property and Equipment Sale BidsOther Bids©Copyright 2018. Town of Montreat. All Rights Reserved.