The Town Clerk may be the most visible member of the Montreat staff. In addition to providing a warm and welcoming experience to all visitors to the Town Services building, the Clerk is responsible for:
- Giving notice of Town Council meetings, preparing the Council agenda, and recording minutes;
- Recording Council proceedings, serving as custodian of all permanent Town records;
- Keeping the Town Seal, attesting all Town documents, maintaining the Town Code;
- Managing the various Boards and Commissions;
- Providing customer service for water billing;
- Coordinating building inspections and permits;
- Developing and maintaining the Town's website, Sunshine List and social media accounts;
- Providing support services to the Town Council.
Click on any of the links below to view the Town of Montreat's various Ordinances. Printed copies of all or any portion of these documents can be obtained at the Town Services Office.
Name: Angie Murphy
Phone: 828-669-8002, ext. 301
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm