Celebrate Angie During Professional Municipal Clerks Week
April 30 to May 6 is the 54th Annual Professional Municipal Clerks Week, where we can celebrate the service of our own Angela Murphy. Angie has served as our Town Clerk for nearly eight years and is truly the glue that holds things together! At the April Town Council Meeting, the Council approved a resolution from Mayor Pro Tem Mason Blake recognizing the importance of the week and Angie’s work. In the resolution, Mason stated, we “extend appreciation to our Professional Municipal Clerk, Angela Murphy and to all Professional Municipal Clerks for the vital services they perform and their exemplary dedication to the communities they represent.”
Stop by the Town Hall or send Angie an email ([email protected]) to thank her for her valuable service to our community.
Officer Bocanegra Receives Radar Certification
Morgan with his dog, Rosie
Our newest MPD officer, Morgan Bocanegra, recently earned his radar certification, making him a qualified radar operator. Morgan completed 40 hours of classroom training and additional hours of practical experience and testing. The Montreat police cars are outfitted with radar equipment, which allows officers to track vehicle speeds from both front and rear directions.
Several speed reminders:
- The Town-wide speed limit is 20 mph except for Assembly Drive from the gate to Welch Field.
- Many of our roads don’t really support a 20 mph speed limit due to curves and narrowness. Please use judgment in your speed, especially as crowds begin to increase.
Updates and Reminders
- The Texas Road Bridge Aesthetics Committee will meet on Tuesday, May 2nd, at 3:00 p.m., in the Town Hall Community Room. The meeting will be live streamed and all are invited to attend. For streaming instructions, CLICK HERE.
- The Montreat Landcare Committee will meet on Wednesday, May 3rd, at 9:00am, in the Town Hall Community Room. The meeting will be live streamed and all are invited to attend. For streaming instructions, CLICK HERE.
- The Planning & Zoning Hillside Development Subcommittee will meet on Wednesday, May 3rd, at 4:00pm, in the Town Hall Community Room. The meeting will be live streamed and all are invited to attend. For streaming instructions, CLICK HERE.
Questions or Comments?
Do you have Town-related questions or comments to offer? If so, please send them to Angela Murphy at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a great weekend!