Mayor Lifts Mask Mandate for Town Hall
Effective this past Tuesday, Mayor Helms has lifted the COVID mask mandate for people entering and doing business in the Town Hall, employees included. After a Tuesday meeting with Buncombe County officials, Mayors from all Buncombe County municipalities, and Health Department officials, the mayor stated, “Upon polling these officials, a vast majority support mask removal. Therefore I have asked the interim Town Administrator to remove the ‘Mask Required’ signs from our Town Hall. Of course, masks are still recommended but not required.”
Board of Adjustment Meeting Last Night
The Board of Adjustment met last night for a regularly scheduled meeting. The Board conducted the following business:
- New and re-appointed Board members were sworn in. CLICK HERE for a list of Board members.
- Officers were elected, including Mark Spence as Chair, Eleanor James as Vice-Chair, and Angie Murphy was appointed as Secretary
- Future standing meetings will be moved from 7:00pm to 5:00pm.
- After hearing testimony and discussion, the Board voted to deny a variance request for a fence at 115 Assembly Drive
- A special meeting was called for Wednesday, March 16, at 4 p.m., at the Montreat Town Hall regarding further business related to the Special Use Permit for MRA hotel at 309 Collegiate Circle, Montreat, NC
Updates and Reminders
- The Montreat Landcare Committee will meet on Wednesday, March 2nd at 9:00 a.m. at Town Hall.
Do you have Town-related questions you would like answered? If so, please send them to Angela Murphy at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a great weekend!