Correction: Trash Collection Will Be On Monday, October 11th.
The trash collection calendar contained a mistake. The Town will be open for regular business on Monday, October 11th and will not be closed for Columbus Day. That means trash will be collected on Monday, not Tuesday. Be sure to have your trash out by 8:00 AM.
Four Ways to Pay Your Water/Sewer Bill
Did you know that there are 4 ways to pay your water/sewer bill?
- Pay by mail: You can pay through the mail by sending a check with your bill stub to: Town of Montreat, P.O. Box 423, Montreat, NC 28757
- Pay online: You can pay online by visiting the Town of Montreat Website and choosing “Payment Center” at the top of the home page, or by clicking here. you will need to you your account number, service address, and customer name – all of which can be found on your bill.
- Pay through automatic draft: You can sign up for automatic drafts by turning in the form found here along with a voided check.
- Pay in person: You may use the drop box in the back parking lot of Town Hall to deposit checks 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Be sure to include your bill stub or write your account number in the memo line of your check.
If you have any questions of concerns about water and sewer billing in Montreat, contact Debbie Taylor on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 8am to 2pm. You can reach her directly by calling (828) 669-8002 ex. 3080.
FEMA Deadline Extended
If your private property suffered damage in Tropical Storm Fred beyond what your insurance will cover, you may be eligible for help from FEMA. And FEMA has extended the deadline to apply for public assistance. Read more by clicking HERE.
Updates and Reminders:
- The Board of Commissioners will hold its regular meeting on Thursday, October 14th at 7:00 pm in the Town Hall. A Public Forum will begin at 6:30 pm. You may see the agenda packet by clicking HERE.
- The Board of Adjustments will meet for a special continued meeting on Thursday, October 21st, at 4:00 pm the Graham Chapel. The purpose of the special meeting is to hear a proposal of a MRA lodge redevelopment. If you would like to seek standing for the meeting, apply HERE by October 20th.
- Bulk Pickup will be on October 26th, 8:00 am. Tires or building supplies will not be picked up.
- Montreat Tree Board October 26, 2021 9:30 am at Montreat Town Hall.
- The Board of Adjustment will hold its regular meeting on October 28, 2021 at 4:00 pm at the Graham Chapel.
Do you have Town-related questions you would like answered? If so, please send them to Angela Murphy at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a great weekend!