Montreat Minute 3/5/2021
Montreat Minute for March 5, 2021
Here are several important updates on the Coronavirus situation:
- Earlier this week, Governor Cooper announced the addition of Group 3, Essential Workers, to the list of those eligible for the vaccine. Buncombe County will open the wait list on Wednesday, March 10. For more information about who is included in Group 3,CLICK HERE.
- Buncombe County recently posted updated statistics we thought you might be interested in reviewing. Here is the current situation in Buncombe County:
- Even if you have been vaccinated, please remember to wear your mask and maintain social distancing. We are not out of this pandemic yet.
Town Council Planning Retreat Follow-up
As mentioned in last week’s Montreat Minute, the Town Council and staff met on Wednesday afternoon in their first of two planning retreat sessions. At Wednesday’s meeting, the following topics were discussed:
- Commissioner appointments for the next year
- Board and committee vacancies
- The 2021-2022 Capital Improvement Program (CIP), which outlines the capital projects ($5,000+ and lifetime of at least one year) requested for next year. In addition to those listed in the CIP, Commissioners asked staff to consider two additional items: the Texas Road Bridge and acquisition of a leaf vacuum pick-up system for Public Works. For a copy of the proposed 2021-2022 CIP, CLICK HERE.
The second planning retreat session will be held on Wednesday, March 17, at 1:00pm. Two items are on the agenda:
- Review and discussion of the results from the Community Assessment Survey, in preparation for beginning work on the Montreat Comprehensive Plan Update. The summary results will be included in the agenda package, which will be posted to the website (www.townofmontreat.org) next week.
- Joint discussion with the Planning and Zoning Commission regarding the Commission’s recent review of zoning ordinances and changes they are recommending. No action will be taken at this meeting, as there is a proscribed process by which official action would be taken in the future.
Town Council Meeting Next Thursday, March 11
The Montreat Town Council will meet Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 7:00pm. Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, it will be a virtual meeting only. However, as is now the custom, the meeting will be live streamed. For streaming instructions, CLICK HERE. A video recording of the meeting will be available afterward. The agenda packet is available by CLICKING HERE.
There will be no Public Forum preceding the meeting. However, public comments and questions will be accepted by email (email@example.com) until noon on Thursday. All questions and comments will be read during the Public Comments portion of the meeting.
Do you have Town-related questions you would like answered? If so, please send them to Angela Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay well and have a great weekend.