Montreat Minute 12/18/2020
A beautiful wintry holiday photo by Joe Standaert
The Mayor, Commissioners and Town staff wish you a very Merry Christmas. Here are a few pertinent details regarding Town services over the holidays:
- No Town staff will be working on Thursday or Friday, Dec. 24 and 25. They will resume regular hours on Monday, Dec. 28. As you would expect, the Montreat Police will be on duty, and we are thankful for their holiday service.
- As for the New Year’s holiday, staff will not be working on Friday, January 1(except Police). They will resume regular hours on Monday, January 4.
- Monday trash pickup will not be affected by the holidays
- There will be no Montreat Minute next week or the following (Dec. 25 and Jan. 1), but if we need to communicate, we will send out a Special Montreat Minute. It will return on Friday, January 8
A Christmas Gift to You
We are blessed with many talented people in Montreat, and here is one. The photo below was taken recently by Dan Dean from his back deck on Chapman Road. The rainbow appeared above Big Piney Mountain. We are grateful for Dan and Ellen giving us this beautiful photo gift. As Dan commented, “At the end of this most unusual year, Ellen and I took it as a sign of hope for the future.”
Photo by Dan Dean
Other Important Information
- Montreat Landcare Committee will meet January 6, 2021, 9:00 a.m. Location/Method to be determined
- Planning & Zoning Commission will meet January 7, 2021, 10:30 a.m. Location/Method to be determined
- Montreat Town Council will meet January 14, 2021, 7:00 p.m. Location/Method to be determined, along with decision on Public Forum
- Tree Board will meet January 26, 2021, 9:30 a.m. Location/Method to be
Do you have Town-related questions you would like answered? If so, please send them to Angela Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay safe and have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.