Town Hall Update
Progress continues on the new Town Hall. On the inside, painters have been busy applying prime coats. Electrical and plumbing rough in has been completed, and trim work like doors and door frames, baseboards and other trim will begin in several weeks. Stonework will begin soon as well. On the outside, exterior painting has been completed. Stonework on the exterior will begin soon. Curbs and road/parking basecoats will begin just as soon as the ground dries out! We’re still on schedule and on budget!
The Greybeard Trail engineer, who is managing the project, responded concerns over problems with the detour. He reports that the detour signal batteries have been replaced and are being checked every day. The timing of the green lights has been increased on both sides to allow for more, and safer travel time.
Our engineer will continue to keep an eye on the detour thought the project.
Financial Audit Highlights
At the January Town Council meeting, the Town’s auditing firm gave a brief overview of the Town’s audit ending June 30, 2019. The auditors were very upbeat in their report, saying the Town is in excellent financial health with high levels of staff expertise. Here are several highlights:
- Montreat’s Fund Balance (a measure of the Town’s available financial resources) was $1.63 million, down about $20,000 from 2018 due to capital projects such as the Town Hall, Public Works building and Tropical Storm Alberto expenses
- Revenues were $1.8, with expenditures being $1.67
- The major categories of expenditures were:
- Transportation (roads) 39%
- General Government 27%
- Public Safety 26%
- Other 8%
For additional detailed information, see the January Agenda packet online or request a complete audit from [email protected].
Town Offices Closed Monday/Sanitation Services on Tuesday
Please note that the Town offices will be closed on Monday in observance of Martin Luther King Day. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday. Trash/recycle pickup will be delayed to Tuesday.
- Montreat Tree Board, Tuesday, January 28, at 9:30am in the Town Services offices
Have a great weekend