We began our meeting tonight with approximately 16 people in attendance. We always appreciate our guests- seeing and talking with new and familiar friends is a special part about Montreat.
My summary follows below. The official minutes will be in next month’s agenda packet. Please remember you can view tonight’s meeting recording by CLICKING HERE.
- Kay Clegg objected to her son having been towed on Lookout Road. He had parked there for several days and nothing happened, but on the third day he was towed. She also said she thinks we created a problem by making so much no parking on Lookout. I responded that she should work with Zoning Administrator, Kayla DiCristina, to come up with a solution to her parking issues.
To read more, CLICK HERE
PHC Tour of Homes This Weekend, August 12th and 13th
The Presbyterian Heritage Center presents the 2023 Tour of Homes tomorrow and Sunday, August 12th and 13th, from 2:30 to 6:00pm. Seven historic homes and buildings will be featured, including the William Black Lodge, in the North Carolina Terrace area.
Tickets are available at the Post Office and the PHC today, and at the PHC on Saturday and Sunday. Or CLICK HEREto purchase tickets now. Ticket price is a suggested $20 donation.
The Tour will originate at the Presbyterian Heritage Center where information and maps will be available. Unfortunately, no handicapped access or parking is available at the tour sites. However, shuttle service to the top of North Carolina Terrace will be provided if needed.
For further information, contact the Presbyterian Heritage Center at (828)669-6556.
Duke Energy Provides Storm Information
Summer means many things, including thunderstorms that often cause power outages. Considering all the trees in Montreat and that our power lines are above ground, we are fortunate that we have so few outages. However if and when it happens, Duke Energy has provided valuable resources to know where the outages are and how to report them. To see where outages are located, the number of people affected, and estimated times of restoration, visit Duke’s interactive outage map.
There are a number of ways to report an outage:
- Visit Duke’s Storm Center on a desktop computer or mobile device.
- Report on the Duke Energy mobile app
- Text OUT to 57801
- Call the automated outage-reporting system, at 800.POWERON (800.769.3766)
Updates and Reminders
- Last week we reported that recently hired Town Manager, Savannah Parrish, would begin work this week. However, she is finishing a project and will not begin until this Wednesday, August 16th. Stop by the Town Hall at some point and welcome her to Montreat.
- Do you receive your own copy of the Montreat Minute or know someone who doesn’t? Sign up for the Sunshine List to receive the Montreat Minute and stay “in the know” about the Town’s happenings. CLICK HERE to sign up for the list!
Questions or Comments?
Do you have Town-related questions or comments to offer? If so, please send them to Angela Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a great weekend!