Montreat Minute for November 1, 2019

“Made in Montreat” Art and Craft Sale

Don’t miss “Made in Montreat” art and craft sale, to be held tomorrow, Saturday, November 2 from 9am to 3pm in the ground floor of the Moore Center. Come and enjoy fellowship as you visit with and shop from 29 talented Montreat vendors, featuring sewing, knitting, pottery, food items, wood crafts, jewelry, dish gardens, art and more. Refreshments will be served. Cash or checks accepted. The best part is everything was made in Montreat!

Montreat Minute Readership Survey Results

Thank you to the 81 people who completed the Montreat Minute (MM) readership survey. Your responses are extremely valuable in helping us improve the newsletter and meet readers’ needs. Here are a few highlights from the survey results:

  • 52% of respondents were NOT full time residents, while 48% were full time
  • 84% read the MM Always; the remaining 16% read it Usually
  • 82% were Very Satisfied with the MM; 18% were Satisfied
  • The most common response in what they like best about the MM was “keeping us informed”
  • Those whose primary residence is not Montreat were especially grateful for being kept informed and “feeling included”
  • When asked how to improve the MM, 63% said “nothing/it’s good as is”. Other suggestions included more photos, more info/details, make sure the links operate

With these results and your suggestions of future stories/topics, anticipate the following:

  • We will incorporate more photos
  • We will keep the stories short, concise, timely
  • We will add a monthly staff/Town Council human interest feature
  • We will continue to give you periodic “Did You Know” information about the Town and provide other info about the area
  • We will add a periodic Q&A column, answering YOUR questions. We need your help by sending us questions you have. Please email your questions to info@townofmontreat.org, with the subject line “Montreat Minute Question”

If you would like a copy of the survey results, email info@townofmontreat.org with the subject line “Survey Results”

Construction and Paving Updates

Last week we told you Town Hall shingling would be started and road paving would begin, weather permitting. Unfortunately, the weather did not permit much progress! Other work on the Town Hall moved ahead and road preparation for paving was done on Texas Road Spur, Kentucky Road and Wyck Road. Hopefully, with good weather and temperatures, progress will be made next week.

As for the NC DOT resurfacing of Montreat Road from Black Mountain to the gate, we were expecting work to begin last week and have been assured it is an active project. We will inform you if we learn anything new. 

Thank you for your patience.

Upcoming Meetings

  • Montreat Bridge Aesthetics Committee, Tuesday, November 5, at 2:00pm in Freeland Hall, Conf. Rm. A
  • Montreat Landcare Committee, Wednesday, November 6, at 9:00am in the Allen Building
  • Montreat Town Council, Thursday, November 14, at 7:00pm in the Walk Up Building; Public Forum precedes the Council meeting at 6:30. Everyone is welcome. If you can’t make it, stream the meeting live by going to the Town Facebook page: www.facebook/TownofMontreat

Have a question?

Do you have a question or topic you would like addressed in the Montreat Minute? If so, please email Angie Murphy at amurphy@townofmontreat.org with the subject line “Montreat Minute”. We’ll do our best to research and answer your questions.

That’s it for now. Have a great weekend!

Follow this blog

Get a weekly email of all new posts.


X