Recent Governing Board Actions - March 2017
The Board of Commissioners took the following actions during their March 9th Town Council Meeting:
- Adopted Meeting Minutes from January 26, 2017 Special Workshop Meeting and February 2, 2017 Public Forum Meeting, and February 2, 2017 Town Council Meeting.
- Adopted 2017 Board of Commissioners Annual Meeting Calendar.
- Cancelled the Agenda Meeting for the month of April and rescheduled Regular meeting for April 6th.
- Adopted Corporate Authorization Resolutions #16-03-0001 through #16-03-0007 amending the Town of Montreat's list of authorized signers with Asheville Savings Bank.
- Adopted Corporate Authorization Resolutions #16-03-0008 through #16-03-0009 amending the Town of Montreat's list of authorized signers with BB&T.
- Approval of Engagement Contract from Martin Starnes & Associates for a 5 year term.
- Appointed Alex Carmichael Deputy Finance Officer.
- Administered the Oath of Office to Alex Carmichael, Town Administrator.
- Approved the purchase of a 2017 Ford Explorer from Asheville Ford in the amount of $34,087.
- Approved Budget Amendment #3 to amend the Police Budget to fund a vehicle purchase through the reallocation from the Streets capital expense budget.
- Scheduled 2017 Annual Board Retreat for Friday, April 7th.
- Approved Surplus Property List.
- Instructed Staff to research and investigate the cost and process of a Metal Building for Public Works.
- Voted to leave Texas Road Bridge in place and convert to pedestrian only; and authorized the Mayor and Town Administrator to sign the accompanying categorical exclusion document and a summarizing letter which will be reviewed by KCI & Associates, the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office and then sent to the NCDOT.