Recent Governing Board Actions - June 2017
The Board of Commissioners took the following actions during their June 8th Town Council Meeting:
- Adopted Meeting Minutes from May 4, 2017 Public Forum Meeting Minutes and May 4, 2017 Town Council Agenda Minutes and May 11, 2017, Town Council Meeting Minutes.
- Participated in the 2017-2018 Fiscal Year Budget Workshop
- Approved the Worker's Compensation Insurance renewal from the N.C. Interlocal Risk Management Agency in the amount of $12,865.57 and authorized the Town Administrator and Finance Officer to execute the necessary contract documents.
- Approved the Property and Liability Insurance renewal from the N.C. Interlocal Risk Management Agency in the amount of $19,319 and authorized the Town Administrator and Finance Officer to execute the necessary contract documents.
- Authorized the Town Administrator and Finance Officer to contract with the NCLM Health Benefits Trust, effective July 1, 2017 for the Option C health insurance, Dental II (no ortho), Basic Vision, and $15,000 Life Insurance as proposed, for fiscal year 2017-2018, and for the Town to reimburse employees for the last half of the employee-only deductible as has been our policy.
- Amended payroll budgets to match projected expenditures for FYE 17. Budget Amendment #5
- Amended the Administration Budget to cover exceptional travel and training expenditures due to new hires. Budget Amendment #6.
- Rescheduled the Public Forum to the second Thursday of every month prior to the regular Town Council Meeting.